This past Monday was my birthday and for the last couple of weeks leading up to it I had been contemplating where I’ve come from, where I am now, and where I want to go. I suppose this often happens during milestone birthdays.
I turned 39 yesterday so while it wasn’t a milestone it is certainly close to one. It made me start thinking of all the things I want to do before I hit the big 4-0. Of course, it also left me contemplating what I’ve learned along the way.
So today I decided to share with you 39 (can’t even imagine where I came up with that number, huh?) life lessons that I’ve learned along the way. I’m sure there are many that we both will share but I’m hopeful there may be a few that will leave you wanting to investigate a little further.
As with anything life is all about the progress and not the perfecting of it. So while I’ve learned these lessons, it doesn’t mean I’m perfect about incorporating them into my every day life. Although, I do wake up giving it my best effort and will strive to do so well into my 80’s and 90’s if I’m so lucky.
1. Self Esteem is a decision not a feeling. [Tweet This]
2. It’s not what happens to us in life, it’s how it impacts us that matters. [Tweet This]
3. When we accept ourselves as enough, lovable, and important it’s literally none of our business what others think of us. [Tweet This]
4. Blaming others puts us in the victim role and the problem with that is nobody is coming to save us. [Tweet This]
5. Our capacity to love and care for others is directly related to the amount of love and care we have for ourselves. [Tweet This]
6. “Change the way you see things and the things you see will change.” – Wayne Dyer [Tweet This]
7. You can’t judge another without first judging yourself. [Tweet This]
8. The closer you come to accepting yourself the closer you come to your “Creator”. [Tweet This]
9. Truly listening to another is one of the best gifts you can give someone else and yourself. [Tweet This]
10. Crying is your body’s natural way of healing unresolved pain and should be welcomed. [Tweet This]
11. If you want to get something, give it. [Tweet This]
12. We all have an inner child that’s just waiting to be reconnected with our adult self. [Tweet This]
13. Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself that allows you to live a life in fullness. [Tweet This]
14. What other people think of us says everything about them and nothing about us. [Tweet This]
15. Intimacy has nothing to do with sex. [Tweet This]
16. Shame is the most common and yet hard to detect form of abuse we face. [Tweet This]
17. Be careful you don’t wind up becoming a Human Doing. You were born a Human Being. [Tweet This]
18. There’s nothing you can do to become anymore Beautiful. You just are. [Tweet This]
19. Everyone always does the very best they can do under the circumstances and given the resources available. [Tweet This]
20. If you can’t say No your Yes won’t mean anything. [Tweet This]
21. The past is history recalled in your memory, the future is a figment of your imagination and life is in the now. [Tweet This]
22. Everything is always alright. Anything else is just a thought or a feeling. [Tweet This]
23. The best weight loss diet is Self Love. [Tweet This]
24. It’s never about us. It’s always about us. [Tweet This]
25. The feeling of anger is simply an expression of not liking something. Most expressions of anger we see are abuse. [Tweet This]
26. Very few challenges we face today have anything to do with what is actually happening in the moment. [Tweet This]
27. You can’t intellectualize your way out of recovering from your past wounds. The only way to heal is to feel. [Tweet This]
28. Those we fear the most are the ones we have the most to learn from. [Tweet This]
29. Dreams exist in the field of uncertainty and the only way in that field is through the window of vulnerability. [Tweet This]
30. Each of us has the right to have all of our thoughts and feelings but not the right to spew them onto everyone else. [Tweet This]
31. You can choose to forgive someone and still decide to never see them again. [Tweet This]
32. I don’t ever want to become an expert or to claim “I have arrived” for that will be the death of me. [Tweet This]
33. Claiming we matter in this world isn’t just a “nice to have”, it’s our right. [Tweet This]
34. A No to you is a Yes to me. [Tweet This]
35. We give and receive love through Attention, Acceptance, Allowance, Affection, and Appreciation. [Tweet This]
36. We are not broken or damaged, and don’t need to be fixed. We only need reminders of what we already are. [Tweet This]
37. I am. I feel. I am not what I feel. [Tweet This]
38. We see others as a reflection of how we see ourselves. [Tweet This]
39. We awake every morning as whole, precious, enough, and good people. This is our starting place not a goal to obtain. [Tweet This]
I hope you have enjoyed these 39 life lessons I’m sharing with you today. I’m hopeful there are a few that have resonated with you. I would love to hear some life lessons that have worked for you over the years. So please do share them in the comments of this post!
With Gratitude and Appreciation,
Want to live the BEST version of YOU!? Take the FREE 5 Day Self Love Challenge and start living the life you want today!